Come for the Run, Stay for the Sun! – 7th July 2019
Choose your challenge:
42.2km Broome International Airport Marathon
21.1km Phoenix Fitness Half Marathon
10.5km Matso’s Dash
All on the most picturesque beach in Australia in our perfect ‘Dry Season’ conditions.
27 – 29 September
Rhythm & Ride is set to become one of the biggest events of its kind. Attracting competitors from near and far, Rhythm & Ride provides a chance for visitors and locals to get together and celebrate what the Kimberley has to offer whilst raising awareness for suicide and domestic violence.
The 2019 racing season BEGINS!
Broome Race Round gets underway on Saturday 2nd June, and continues most Saturdays until August 18th 10:30 am – 8:30 pm ! “Broomes biggest party day of the year” Broome Cup August 18th
- Race 1 @ Broome Turf Club Jun 1 @ 10:30am–8:30pm
- Race 2 @ Broome Turf Club June 15 @ 10:30am–8:30pm
- Race 3 @ Broome Turf Club Jun 22 @ 10:30am–8:30pm
- Race 4 @ Broome Turf Club Jul 6 @ 10:30am–8:30pm
- Race 5 @ Broome Turf Club Jul 13 @ 10:30am–8:30pm
- Race 6 @ Broome Turf Club Jul 26 @ 10:30am–8:30pm
- Race 7 @ KIMBERLEY CUP Aug 03 @ 10:30am–8:30pm
- Race 8 LADIES DAY Aug 13 @ 10:30am–8:30pm
- Race 9 BROOME CUP Aug 17 @ 10:30am–8:30 pm
Breathtaking natural phenomenon known as Staircase to the Moon visible from Town Beach Robinson Street. When the rising full moon reflects off the exposed mudflats at extremely low tide, a beautiful optical illusion of stairs reaching to the moon is exposed. The Staircase Markets are held at the Town Beach Reserve on Robinson Street over the two nights of the full moon March – October.
Staircase to the Moon dates 2019:
- 21st March – 23rd March
- 20th April – 222nd April
- 19th May – 21st May
- 18th June – 20th June
- 17th July – 19th July
- 16th August – 18th August
- 15th September – 17th September
- 14th October – 16th October
Broome Courthouse Markets
Saturday 8am-1pm all year – weather permitting. Located at Broome Courthouse Gardens, cnr Hamersley & Frederick Street. Sunday 8am-1pm Easter until early October
The Thursday Night Markets are held at Town Beach Reserve on Robinson Street every Thursday night from from June to September. Enjoy local cuisine, live music and a variety of local stallholders.
- 6, 13, 20 & 27 June – Town Beach Reserve
- 4, 11 & 25 July – Town Beach Reserve
- 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 August – Town Beach Reserve
- 5, 12, 19 & 26 September – Town Beach Reserve
Staircase to the Moon Night Markets
- 21 & 22 April – Town Beach Reserve
- 19 & 20 May – Town Beach Reserve
- 18 & 19 June – Town Beach Reserve
- 16 & 17 August – Town Beach Reserve
- 16 September – Town Beach Reserve
- 14 & 15 October – Town Beach Reserve
7th – 15th September
Shinju Matsuri is a fun and fantastic festival which showcases everything that is Broome and the surrounding areas of the Kimberley. Shinju Matsuri pays tribute to Broome’s heritage and culture as well as showcasing our amazing talent here in Broome. There are so many free events to see and the best of all is the awakening of Sammy the Dragon signalling the start of the festival and street parade.